Some web guided materials contain irregularities such as varying opacities, voids, and small imperfections, that can be easily sensed using Fife's SE-30 Edge Averaging Sensor,which averages the reading for the material. The SE-30 has a control range 0.150'' (3.80 mm) and a sensing area of 2” (50.8 mm). Its long sensing area is designed to measure the lateral position of the guided material, providing an innovative method of averaging irregularities in the web edge.
The advanced features of the SE-30 prevent guiding systems from correcting erroneous web errors caused by varying opacities, small imperfections, or voids, such as in mesh-type materials.
- Averages variations caused by varying opacities, imperfections and voids.
- Immune to web plane changes and unaffected by ambient light,including sunlight.
- Modulated infrared light will not affect photosensitive paper/film.
- Compatible with all Fife processors.
- Standard sensing gap is 2.0" (50.8 mm) with a control range of 0.150" (3.8 mm).
- Flexible mounting and positioning assemblies to ensure quick and easy installation.
- Electrostatic discharge protection.
10 to 15 VDC at 40 mA
0 to 10 mA
2lbs. (907 grams)
41º to 140º F (5º to 60º C)