FAD Follower Arm/Dancer
Simple, affordable closed loop follower arm/dancer control is right here. The FAD is a low cost printed circuit board designed for Follower Arm and Dancer control applications when using components such as a MAGPOWR DFP position sensor and a MAGPOWR magnetic particle clutch or brake. Simple potentiometer adjustments are available for dancer Position, Gain and Stability; and for follower arm Core, Full Roll and Stop Multiplier. This unit also includes reverse current circuitry as a standard feature, thus allowing greater controllability in the lowest torque range of the clutch or brake being operated.
The FAD Follower Arm/Dancer control accurately controls web tension by compensating for measured changes in roll diameter. In dancer applications when used with the MAGPOWR DFP position sensor and a MAGPOWR magnetic particle clutch or brake, the FAD provides closed loop tension control, maintaining the proper tension in response to dancer roll movement.
- Can be used as a Dancer or Follower Arm control with a magnetic particle clutch or brake
- Non-interactive full roll and core adjustments for easy set up
- 90 VDC output in three selectable current ranges
- Follower Arm control accepts a remote tension level pot
- Stop Multiplier for inertia compensation in Follower Arm applications
- Dancer control accepts a remote position pot
- Remote dancer position pot (Dancer mode) are provided
- Includes terminal strip connections for a remote tension pot (Follower Arm model)
- External Tension Adjust Pot:
- Remote Position Pot:
- Temperature Range :
0 to 40 degrees Celsius operating -30 to 65 degrees Celsius storage