PERMA-TORK® Permanent Magnet Clutches
Innovative PERMA-TORK® permanent magnet clutches are capable of producing highly accurate, dependable torque—without the need of an external power source. These breakthrough clutches use high energy, multi-pole magnets to establish lines of magnetic force that retard the motion of the center rotating disc, delivering smooth, precise control.
Designed for long-lasting, reliable performance, PERMA-TORK clutches are commonly used in light torque control applications, including tensioning, torque limiting, magnetic coupling and testing. These clutches are available in three types:
Hysteresis – Torque is infinitely adjustable, with constant torque provided independent of slip speed. This type offers the smoothest torque and longest life, making it excellent for overload and jam protection.
- Breakthrough permanent magnet technology requires no external control or power source
- Unique design provides torque constant or proportional with respect to speed
- Fast, precise torque adjustment
- Durable, long-lasting operation – no maintenance required
- Versatile mounting options ensure quick and easy installation
- Compact design requires minimal space
- Compatible with the MAGPOWR full line of tension controls
Clutches: .14 oz-in to 55 lb-in
Brakes: .25 oz-in to 55 lb-in
Clutches: 3 to 150 watts
Brakes: 10 to 150 watts